10 Ways to Use Eggs

ByJulie Zaugg

Image courtesy of pixabay

Have you explored everything that can be done with eggs? Allow me to enlighten you and present a list showing how versatile eggs, sometimes neglected in the fridge, can be.

Scrambled egg – I’m not teaching you anything new, it’s good for breakfast, lunch and dinner as it is, or you can try to add it to some rice and peas to get a ‘Cantonese rice’.

Boiled egg – three minutes exactly in boiling water, then put it in an egg cup and try to peel it without ruining it (most delicate part).

Soft-boiled egg – Just three minutes in boiling water, no less and no more, so that the whites will be firm enough to allow the peeling, but the yolk will still be liquid inside.

Hard-boiled egg – nine minutes in boiling water. Always good in a salad or with some blinis and salmon.

Eggs Mimosa – Using hard-boiled eggs, just cut them in two, take the yolk off and mash it, mix with some mayonnaise and chives, then put the mixture back in the whites.

Fried egg – on a toast, on a burger, inside a crêpe…or alone. Possibilities are endless.

Baked egg – Crack an egg into a ramekin, add a bit of cream, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, spread grated cheese over it and bake in the oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes. Perfect with a salad.

Egg in a bacon cup – Using a muffin/cupcake pan, lay a circle of bread into the bottom of each muffin cup, wrap the bacon around the edge of it, crack an egg inside, and spread cheese on it. Put in the oven at 180°C for about 5min and it’s done!

Capillary mask – With one egg yolk, add two tablespoons of lemon juice and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix and apply on your hair; rinse a lot after use. You look beautiful.

Leather cleanser – Egg whites are said to easily remove dirt from your leather items. To do so, just scrub the whites gently on your dirty leather and wipe off with a damp cloth.