Indie Soc to host Baby Strange at Potterrow
by Darragh Murray, 1/06/21

Glasgow three-piece Baby Strange are set to play at Edinburgh University’s iconic Potterrow stage as part of the University of Edinburgh Indie Music Society’s gig calendar. On September 24 the society will welcome the punk inspired trio to the capital for one of the first live gigs on campus since the beginning of the pandemic.

Baby Strange are set to arrive in Edinburgh as a precursor to their headline Land of Nothing tour following the release of the latest EP of the same name. The tour sees the band travel the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland, culminating in a homecoming gig at Glasgow’s SWG3.

With an 850-person capacity, the Potterrow gig will be the band’s largest Edinburgh performance to date, kicking them into gear before they set off for their UK and Ireland tour a month later. 

Three years after its inception, the Indie Music Society continues to grow, with September’s gig set to be a raucous return following a Covid induced hiatus. The society’s last gig took place in February 2020 when they welcomed The Racket to The Wee Red Bar, and the society’s plans for the new academic year look sure to keep the group going from strength to strength.

For many students this will be their first gig in well over a year following the suspension of live music, and, with their unadulterated intensity, Baby Strange appear the perfect act to take on the challenge of breathing life back into the Edinburgh music scene. Described by Grant Aitken, president of the Indie Music Society, as a “return to chaos”, their performance will fill the gig-shaped hole in the lives of Edinburgh’s students.

With DORK magazine describing the band’s latest release as being “crafted to pack out the dance floor”, Baby Strange will deliver the kind of night that Edinburgh indie aficionados have been craving for so long.

Tickets are available now from FIXR.CO at just £8 for students. Non-student tickets are available for £10.00.

image: Baby Strange via: Press Release