Features Lifestyle

Dolly Alderton’s Love Stories

As the days get shorter, the cold gets colder, and lockdown 2.0 looming, what we all need is a little dose of escapism. So, as we all prepare ourselves by snuggling a little bit deeper into our duvets, what better way to escape than into the podcast cosmos?

Recorded in 2018 and 2019 respectively, two series of absolute binge-worthy bliss: Dolly Alderton’s Love Stories. Produced in accordance with her bestselling debut book, Everything I Know About Love, each hour-long episode dives deep into the lives and loves of an absolutely stellar line up of actors, singers, comedians, broadcasters, and writers, including my personal favourite Stanley Tucci.

Alderton expertly navigates her interviewees from their first love, to their most passionate relationships, and finally finding everlasting happiness. First kisses in a barn in Suffolk and first Oscar Ceremonies, the affairs of the heart are all tied beautifully together with the guidance of Alderton’s warm dulcet tone.

Personal Highlights of mine include:

• Ruth Jones. Need I say more.
  • Lily Allen and her reckless teenagedom
  • Vanessa Kirby and her first-year Hamlet production– manifestation really does work!
  • Tucci on dinners with Meryl Streep and Nora Ephron
  • Emma Freud on snogging her whole village between the age of 12- 15

A great big dose of wisdom, wit and woe to brighten up your morning, unwind to when you’re cooking in the evening or just to have on in the background as a friendly reminder the world out there still exists.

Switch on an episode of Love Stories, it will not disappoint.

Image: Andrea Piacquadio via Pexels