Luscious Lemon and Courgette Spaghetti

This dish is summer on a plate, fresh tasting courgettes and zesty citrus notes, liven up a bowl of spaghetti. This meal is super simple and super speedy, meaning it is the perfect quick fix for your evening meal after a full day of classes. The dish is also utlra healthy with the majority of the flavour coming from the lemon and mint, so what’s not to love? This recipe is for two portions, so that you can have one for your dinner and the other for lunch the following day, the recipe tastes just as good cold as it does hot.

Ingredients:

Handful of fresh mint

Half a mug of frozen peas

1 lemon

Parmesan (A little to serve)

100g spaghetti

2 x Courgette

1 tbsp cooking oil (olive oil would be best for flavour)

Salt and Pepper to season

Method:

1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti, remembering to salt the water generously, this really does make a difference to both the flavour and the cooking time!
  2. In the meantime, cut the courgette into thin slivers, cutting it into four down the width and then ultra thin strips along the length.
  3. Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan and add the courgette, frying on a medium heat for around five minutes. Taste test the courgette to determine whether it is cooked enough. The courgette should not be crunchy, but also be careful not to overcook it to avoid it becoming slimy.
  4. Drain the pasta and tip in with the courgette, add the frozen peas and a splash of water and fry for a further two minutes. Grate in the lemon zest, squeeze in the juice and add the finely chopped fresh mint, then remove from heat.
  5. Finish the dish with a flourish of sprinkled parmesan and tuck in!

Image credit: Mollie Beresford