The Joys of YouTube Yoga

ByKate Sutton

Yoga on YouTube has become a very sophisticated and easily accessible way to keep fit, with various highly professional accounts dedicated to sharing the practice with everyone without the costs that come with in-person classes. I have some favourite accounts that sprinkle joy into my weekly workout, from BohoBeautiful, Yoga with Adriene, to Two Birds Yoga, Tana Yoga, Charlie Follows, and Kyle Koumbatis, but there is an instructor and an atmosphere out there for everyone. I love the ease that comes with YouTube yoga, where every instructor’s yoga environment differs, from Adriene with her dog Benji to Kyle in his studio space with great natural lighting.

My own yoga journey has been an unexpected one, beginning in my first year at university as a way to combat anxiety. As I started to practice, I found it would help with relaxation as well as preventing and managing panic attacks. Now, it has become a welcome part of my week and I look forward to practicing. I feel that through my yoga, I find a moment to stop worrying about things on my mind. What I’ve found to be enjoyable about yoga is, over time, seeing my own personal development and remembering that any practice, no matter how short, is a small step forward in feeling better. 

My favourite channel has been Fiona’s classes at Two Birds Yoga, as I find them very relaxing, and the classes frequently last up to 45 minutes. I love how accessible all the classes on YouTube are, only requiring a bit of space, silence, and a mat. I think following one of Yoga with Adrienne’s 30-day January courses is the best way to get started, as Adrienne gently takes you through a daily practice that is guaranteed to make you feel immersed in the yoga experience. Each instructor has so many varied approaches to practicing that there is sure to be something for everyone.

Bayfront Park Miami- Free Yoga Classes” by Rafael Montilla SEO Latino is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.