The Short Rant: Edifess

ByAdam Losekoot

Edifess is a platform we are all far too aware of. Barely a day goes by where I don’t have to read some inane bullshit posted by some up-themselves ‘yaah’ or facetious prick who’s decided that they, and only they, can solve all the world’s ills – and they can do it via anonymous submission.

Edifess is brain popcorn, nothing more. But not only are the submissions themselves utterly pointless and probably make everyone reading them stupider, the fact that they are anonymous gives idiots and arseholes Edinburgh over, the right to say whatever they want without consequence.

If you feel the need to blurt out your every thought and idea without refrain then at least have the balls to put your name to it. Anonymity is for wee sleekit cowrin tim’rous beasties, not students at one of the most prestigious universities in the world.

“But Adam, I’m a bigot, and if I say what I think then people won’t like me anymore,” you say. My response is, of course, “that’s kind of the point, you insufferable cunt.” When folk are allowed to hide their opinions behind a mask, they grow and swell like a tumour, a veritable cancer on our society. If you say what you think, bring it out into the light then you can see how others react.

If they start calling you a bigot then that’s a good opportunity to reassess your opinion, either you can come to terms with it and discover you’re wrong or after careful consideration you can come up with a set of justified arguments to defend your stance. But if you can’t explain why you think something and everyone hates you for it – that’s your cue for a re-evaluation, bud.

So, put your mansuit on and admit to your opinions, because if you’re too feart to stick your name on them, you’re not worth anyone’s time.

Image credit: The Darkest Corners of The Internet

By Adam Losekoot

Senior Opinion Editor, 'The Opinionator', sexy bastard and all round stand up guy