L’Impératrice returns with Rejjie Snow collaboration entitled ‘Everything Eventually Ends’

BySasha White

‘Everything Eventually Ends’ is French disco-pop band L’Impératrice’s latest single featuring Irish rapper and songrwriter Rejjie Snow. It is a pleasing return after the success of 2021’s groovy Tako Tsubo.

Their fusion of disco-pop with elements of psychedelia creates a distinctly catchy sound which serves as a perfect musical tonic for the morning commute or evenings spent with friends. The single alternates between Snow’s verses meditating on “peace” and “love” and L’Impératrice’s lead singer Flore Benguigui’s captivating vocals during the chorus: “Why do you look at me this way? What role am I supposed to play?”

If Snow’s lyrics may appear a cringe recycling of clichés at times, it is Benguigui’s smooth and breathy style underpinned by L’Impératrice’s signature disco beat which really elevate the track.

While it is commendable to see them experimenting with collaboration, their best work stems from them as a band alone evidenced by the strength of the chorus in this song.

Nevertheless, it is always exciting to hear new music by one of France’s most promising and beloved bands – hopefully this suggests more is on the way in the coming months.

Image “Rejjie Snow @ Hall of Fame 22-09-2013” by Incubate Festival is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0.