New 24/7 bus services now in operation making travel more flexible

ByEugénie Meyer

Starting Monday 2 October, the new Citylink 900 bus service is operating every night and day of the week, connecting Edinburgh and Glasgow.

The new service has been implemented as a response to the growing demand of overnight services between Scotland’s two largest cities.

Buses are running after midnight at 1am, 1.30am, 2.30am, 3.30am, 4.30am and 5.15am from Edinburgh to Glasgow; during the day, services are available every 15 minutes, with intervals extended to 30 minutes between 7.30pm and midnight.

Overnight services from Glasgow to Edinburgh are running at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am and 5am.

As both a UNESCO Creative City of Music and a popular student hub, Glasgow’s night life is known to be one of the most vibrant in the UK, hosting more than 700 pubs, bars and clubs.

Tickets will be sold at just £7.60 for a single, and £10.00 for a return. Purchases made two days in advance of a journey are offered a day return ticket for £7.60.

Peter Knight, Operations Director for Scottish Citylink stated in a press release: “The 900 service has gone from strength to strength over recent years.

“With a growing number of business travellers, commuters and leisure users using the service between two of our largest cities, there has been great demand to increase our overnight connections throughout the week.”

Knight continued: “By adding a late night stop at Edinburgh Airport it also means that Citylink is providing 24 hour a day transport to and from one of our most important transport hubs.”

Image: EDDIE via flickr